PDMP Integration

Oregon Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Integration allows authorized prescribers and pharmacists ‘one click’ secure access to accurate, relevant and timely PDMP data within their clinical workflow. HIT Commons, a shared public/private governance model in partnership with OHLC and OHA, oversees this initiative. Oregon PDMP Integration Steering Council is responsible for guiding a successful implementation and adoption. This initiative aligns with broader state and federal efforts to increase the use of PDMPs to reduce inappropriate prescriptions, improve patient outcomes, and promote more informed prescribing practices.

Statewide PDMP Integration is coming....soon!
HIT Commons and the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Integration Steering Council are in the final planning stages of implementing the Oregon PDMP Integration initiative, which will allow authorized prescribers and pharmacists ‘one click’ secure access to PDMP data from within their electronic workflow. Federal and state funding (90/10) has been secured by OHA to support 82 percent of the costs of a statewide PDMP subscription. The remaining 18 percent of costs are being shared by hospitals and health plans using the shared funding model of HIT Commons. This will allow all prescribers and pharmacists access for a nominal fee. We anticipate the first wave of PDMP Integration to begin in the fall of 2018 . Here are a few things you can do to get started:

1. Verify all employed prescribers and pharmacists have an active, valid PDMP user account.
As of July 2018, registration is a requirement for individual access to PDMP data. For more information, see the HB 4124 fact sheet.

2. Organizations can request a list of all active, registered prescribers by completing this form and sending to PDMP.health@state.or.us.

3. Individual prescribers and pharmacists can register for a PDMP account by visiting https://oregon.pmpaware.net/login and selecting ‘Create an Account’.

 Rural hospital subsidy grants are available
Funding is available to reimburse Type A and Type B hospitals with direct expenses related to Emergency Department Information Exchange (EDIE) and/or PDMP Integration within their electronic health record. More information and qualifying criteria can be found on the OAHHS website.

Questions about Oregon PDMP Integration?  Contact pdmp@hitcommons.org